Friday 31 July 2009

reading age

Ordering books for our holiday has been a bit of an eye-opener this year. It seems that my taste in authors is all but identical to that of my 13 year old son. OK so he is very nearly 14 and yes it is holiday readingl. None the less, I can't help but wonder if somehow I am failing to reach my appropriate reading grade.

Books that we are sharing include:
  • Simon Kernick - Reckless
  • Harlan Coben - Hold Tight
  • Terry Pratchett - Nation
  • Linwood Barclay- Too close to home
As the kids have gone through school there have been various tests that assess their reading age. Perhaps I need a test to see if I'm suffereing from some form of reverse reading development.

If these books are all too lightweight, what should I be reading instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment