Thursday 30 July 2009

red spokes

One of the goals on my list is to go cycling in Peru. A few minutes research on google threw up some interesting options. Including one company called red spokes.

It appears possible to combine a cycling tour with a hike on the Inca trail to Machu Piccu and include some white water rafting and maybe even fit in some kayaking on Lake Titicaca.

That would hit all of the following goals:

1. cycling in Peru
31. white water rafting
35. mountain biking on a proper mountain trail
36. sea kayaking (not strictly a sea but just as exciting)

Something I hadn't previously considered, is the altitude. I'm going to have to seek some medical advice on any expected complications due to my asthma. Thinking about this has also prompted me to add another goal to try and improve my breathing generally using a respiratory trainer such as powerlung.


No comments:

Post a Comment