Wednesday 19 August 2009

back to reality

After 3 weeks off work and 10 days away in Crete, yesterday's return to work came as a bit of a shock to the system. I was so tired by the time that I got home that all thoughts of exercise were shelved in favour of crashing on the sofa.

I didn't feel much better this evening, but I was determined to get some training done. There may not be many more evenings this year when there is enough light to get out on the bike so I really did want to make the most of the good weather.

A route of 12+ miles at an aerage of 17.3 mph may not sound great shakes but it's not far off one of my intermediate fitness goals; which is to manage a 20 mile ride at 18 mph. So it looks like I could be ticking off the first fitness goal in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment