Tuesday 4 August 2009

updating the list

Over the last few days I have been gradually adding to my goals list. When I posted on this 10 days ago the total count was at 35. Today that has grown to 95.

Some of the goals that have been added seem to be just tasks on the path to achieving some of the earlier goals. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing.
  • On the plus side interim goals should help to keep my motivation high. A tick in the box is always good for morale
  • On the down side this could be an indication that I am not being imaginative enough or shirking the more stretching goals.
Other goals that have been added, I am very happy with and probably would not have even thought about but for this exercise. So that's a win straight away. For example making it a stated goal to raise £1000 for charity by a set deadline can only serve to spur me on.

When I started the list I wasn't at all certain that I would reach 101, but as the numbers added up I became more and more driven towards that target. I guess that means I should also limit myself to the 1001 days as well!

Right now, I really need to get the list finished. There are goals that I want to get started on, but I'm holding myself back so that I have as clean a start point as possible. One of the goals is to read 10 fiction books by authors that I haven't tried before and I've got a couple of books lined up waiting.

At the latest then, I want the list to be finished by the end of Thursday this week. So that day 1 can be Friday August 7th.



No comments:

Post a Comment