Saturday 8 August 2009

giving it away

Two of the goals that I have set, may appear to be somewhat negative:
  • Finish my 2009 365 project and not start again in 2010
  • Bring to a conclusion my involvement in rugby coaching
Both of these activities have brought me a lot of enjoyment but I feel that I need to let them go so that I can devote some time to the other goals.

The 365 project by its very nature takes time out of every single day. Some days finding my shot is easy and fits into the daily routine. Other days, particularly after tough days at work it can be a real chore. 2009 is my 2nd consecutive 365 and the flickr group has been much larger this year and (for me anyway) the group camaraderie and mutual motivation hasn't been as good as last year.

This season coming will be the 7th that I have coached for my son's rugby team. By the end of this season it will be time for me to step aside. As under-16s they will need a lead coach with more experience than I have to offer and I really need to regain that time on Sunday mornings to put into my own training.

When something has brought a lot of pleasure it can be difficult knowing when to let go and it's possible to end up hanging around too long, just going through the motions. So overall I feel positive that both of these goals are for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment