Sunday 9 August 2009

rampant consumerism

Two of the goals from my list are shamelessy consumptive:
  • Buy a new car
  • Buy a DSLR camera
On the car front, this is long overdue. I really don't want to get into the position of driving an unreliable old crock again. I spent too many years doing that when I was younger. Assuming I don't go mad in the showroom, I have the money put aside to do this. However the thought of spending so much cash in one go at a time when job security is so fragile keeps holding me back.

I know that to move my photography skills forward, I need to upgrade to a DSLR. I will do some research into the options but at the moment the Nikon D5000 looks like a good candidate.

In most aspects of my life I consider myself to be decisive. Even potentially life changing decisions such as career changes and house purchases don't usually faze me. However I do procrastinate when it comes to spending money on possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment