Tuesday 11 August 2009

lumberjack

Goal 34 on the list is to take down one of the trees in the back garden. Most of the other house-hold chores have been consolidated into a single goal, but I let this one stand because, frankly, it will be a blast. It will be hard, tiring work no doubt but the child in me can't help but be excited at the prospect of hiring a chain saw and a shredder. Boys and their toys !

Normally destroying a healthy tree wouldn't be something I would advocate. However this one is in danger of causing damage to my neighbours property so it would seem best to do the deed before I get a large bill from them. I've already spoken to a friend that lectures in horticulture and they have given me some pointers towards replacement trees that will not grow so big. So at worst I will be replacing one tree with another.

The best time to carry out the work will be in the early Autumn. I am confident about getting the tree down and disposed of; but I suspect that getting the stump and enough of the roots out will be a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment