Friday 14 August 2009

black and white fridays

Black and White Fridays is a project within a project in the 365 group. I think this is a habit that I would like to keep going after the end of the year.

With my old film SLR I used to shoot B&W more often than colour. With digital photography, post processing the image from colour to monochrome makes the outcome seem rather artificial; with film B&W images had seemed (to me) more authentic than colour.



The discipline of deliberately composing an image for black and white or
for sepia processing is of course unchanged. There is a more immediate need to be conscious of
light and form. Developing the habit of assessing these structural elements for every shot pays dividends.

I usually work in London on Fridays where there is a lot of scope for B&W work within a short range of the office. So there should be no excuse for not carrying this on.

No comments:

Post a Comment